Saturday, May 10, 2008

DC6 V5-NCG

One of my favourite aircraft, the infamous DC6. This particular DC6 is based here in Windhoek at Namibia Commercail Aviation (Pty) Ltd (NCA) Eros Airport. The company is owned and operated by Mr Chris Schutte. I shot these pictures today from my house with Sonja's FujiFilm S5700 FinePix Digital camera at 10X optical zoom, as it was quite a distance away. The shot with the landing gear out was taken just before they did a "beat up" on runway 01. If only I had know they were going to to a "beat up", I would have raced out to the bridge off the apron on the northern side of runway 01 to get some awesome pictures of this beautiful aircraft. Oh, and lets not forget the awesome sound of those roaring engines! It gives you goose bumps all over your body and you land up with a smile on your face that just stays there! I hope to get some closer pictures of her on take-off sometime soon.

No comments: